The second day of swimming competition sits on. Four sets of medals were awarded today.
Oleg Kostin finished second in the 50 meters butterfly. He lost to Caleb Dressel of the United States by 0.35 seconds.
Just today there was another sensation. Sarah Shostrom lost first place to Canadian Maggie McNeil in the 100 meters butterfly, for which this World Championship was the first major international start. Maggie was 0.35 seconds off the world record set by Sarah Shostrom in 2017 at the World Cup, which was held in Moscow.
ALL THE RESULTS FOR TODAY
100m breaststroke (M)
1. Adam Peaty (Britain) 57.14
2. James Wilby (Uk) 01.32
3. Yan Jibei (China) 01.49
4. Yasuhiro Koseki (Japan) 1.79
5. Kirill Prigoda (Russia) 01.95
6. Andrew Wilson (U.S.) 1.97
7. Dmitriy Balandin (Kazakhstan) 2.00
8. Anton Chupkov (Russia) 02.05
1. Margaret McNeil (Canada) 55.83
2. Sara Shostrom (Sweden) 0.39
3. Emma McKean (Australia) 0.78
50m butterfly (M)
1. Caleb Dressel (U.S.) 22.35
2. Oleg Kostin (Russia) 0.35
3. Nicolas Santos (Brazil) 0.44
1. Katinka Hossau (Hungary) 2:07.5
32. Ye Shiven (China) 01.07
3. Sidney Pikrem (Canada) 01.17
RussianAquatics Press Service / Pavel Savchenko