Head coach of the women’s junior team Sergey Markic gave a short opinion on the new rules in water polo:
“He led the teams in two competitions, the W
orld Championship U19 Belgrade 2018. and the University of 2019.
In general, I like everything.
I think the purpose of the new rules:
- HOME – increase attendance.
Make it easier for viewers to understand water polo!
What I saw:
- accelerated gameplay, entertainment.
- The game has become less rough.
- The viewer sees A LOT of heads, bumps and movements.
- less refereeing whistles and stoppages of the game.
With the new rules, the game’s indicators have improved:
- possession of the ball
- more goals
- more counterattacks and strikes
- impact strikes
- there were more fouls and disposals, penalty passes of the ball.
- fewer free kicks from 6 yards.
As a result of the overall g
ame became:Faster, less rough
play, more variety of goals, fighting on all areas of the field, more attacking actions, increased number of attacks and respectively kicks and goals p
er game, more universal and individual game at technical Players.
Low players have become competitive.
Minus perhaps the reduction in the number of participants on the OI.”